Good Friends stay in touch!
The first step in the application process is to become a friend of CerviCusco. Click here. Let’s Be Friends.
Mandatory documents must be downloaded, completed and signed, and then uploaded. You can find these documents (application, forms and policies, and volunteer contract) on the apply page. Additional documents must be uploaded or emailed to Dr. Krotish at Debra.firstname.lastname@example.org and Lynn at email@example.com.
Visa Show More
Passport Show More
Professional Certification Show More
It is also mandatory (and very affordable) that you purchase insurance for emergencies through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), an educational travel insurance company. A copy of the confirmation of insurance purchase from CISI with your policy number must also be uploaded. Before you go, we need to know about you and your preferences. You can access this link here or on the application page.
Become a Friend of CerviCusco by clicking the button at the top of the page. Then fill out the appropriate information included in the tab appropriate for the type of volunteer you select.
The costs vary depending on your length of stay.
Your total amount due or final payment must be paid 60 days prior to your departure. Anyone donating on your behalf will reduce your costs by the amount donated.
Cancellation more than 90 days prior to arrival date, full refund. Cancellation within 90 days of arrival, incur a cancellation fee of $500.00.
If a friend or relative wants to to donate to Friends of CerviCusco on your behalf, they can receive a tax donation up to the full amount recognizable by law. See Donate On Behalf of a Volunteer.
Book your flights through Friends of CerviCusco! We can work with individuals and groups to find the lowest rate possible. Please email Dr. Krotish, firstname.lastname@example.org, for a quote.
Lodging and Program Fees
One Week – $995
Two Weeks – $1,145
Three Weeks – $1,395
Four Weeks – $1,595
Two Months – $2,395
Three Months – $3,195
Four Months – $3,995
For each faculty member bringing 10 or more students and staying a similar amount of time, lodging fees are waived for the faulty member(s).
Program fees are included in the above pricing. Program Fees include administrative, educational, and local costs.
What’s Included in Program Fees?
- Program Costs–Program costs include administrative oversight, educational fees, and local costs.
- Lodging—Your CerviCusco home is conveniently located above the medical clinic and below the educational center and laboratory all in the building of CerviCusco. In the two floors of apartments where you will stay, there are two complete kitchens, two dining areas, two living areas, a laundry room and dormitory style sleeping accommodations. Private rooms may be available on request for an additional fee. All rooms lock for privacy. We have a courtyard with lawn, garden and barbecue grill. Our facility is secure, including gated entrances and private security
- Airport pick up—We want you to feel comfortable from the moment you arrive. We will pick you up at the Cusco airport and bring you to CerviCusco
- Orientation—We provide an orientation that includes information about your accommodations, volunteering, and the local area.
- Onsite Welcome Lunch—We provide a light Peruvian lunch on your first day.
- Walking Tour of the Area—We will take a leisurely walk through the area so show you the sights and provide information on restaurants, grocery stores, banks and any other places you might need to find during your stay. You will receive a restaurant guide and map of the area with these highlights.
- Daily support—Onsite bilingual Cervicusco Volunteer Coordinator accessible 24 hours a day. She coordinates local program activities and is a source of information for directions, cuisine, banking, transportation, shopping, and almost anything!
- Linens—Blankets, bed linens, pillows, and towels are provided.
- Transportation to campaigns, hospitals and clinics—We have a Mercedes Sprinter Van for transportation of large groups. We will provide transportation to the volunteer sites in the remote Andes as well as the local hospitals and clinics or other volunteer sites.
- Onsite Healthcare—We provide onsite non-emergent healthcare for our volunteers.
- Water—Water from the tap in Peru is not safe to drink, and CerviCusco will provide bottled drinking water during your stay.
- Internet—Wireless internet is available throughout all floors of CerviCusco.
- Cleaning—We have a group that will clean after your departure and during your stay.
- Peruvian Dinner with Entertainment—We will take you to dinner one night to a restaurant in the Plaza de Armas to experience Peruvian food and culture.
- Certificate of Participation—As requested
- Letter of Recommendation—If you do an exceptional job at CerviCusco and would like a letter of recommendation, we can provide one at your request.
What’s Not Included in Program Costs?
- Airfare— Price of airfare is not included in program fee because of price variations depending on departure location; however, if requested, we can obtain airline reservations for groups or individuals. Please email Dr. Krotish, email@example.com, for a quote. Groups must arrive together.
- Insurance—While we hope nothing unforeseen will happen, we want to make certain you are prepared for the unexpected. Our insurance is provided through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), an educational travel insurance. To access our insurance, click the link for CISI on your application page. If you have an insurance rider through a different company that provides international medical insurance, international medical evacuation, and repatriation, please up load your proof of insurance on the application page. We will accept insurance through other institutions for CISI as well as insurance through other providers as long as you are covered.
- Touring in Peru–We are not a tourist company, but often help our volunteers book local trips to see the sights in Peru. We book your trip for you to minimize your costs. We individualize each trip. See more under the What to See in Peru tab.